Subject: Re: games (fwd)
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 10:24:36 -0500

>     Gee - There was a small film done with Softimage a while back, I think
>it was called 'Jurasic Park', but you probrobly never heard of it.. Microsoft
>now owns SoftImage...
>

I believe Alias and possibly Wavefront have also trumpeted their products as
being used in Jurassic Park. Not to mention the reams of custom code written
specifically for that film. It would be interesting to know in what mix the
different packages were used, and how their different strengths were
applied. Based on each vendor's advertising, the entire film rested solely
on the merits of this or that product (though upon careful reading, they
never seem to explicitly state this).

  
Andy Hofman
LumaQuest Productions           
Animation and Dual Raptor 3 Rendering  
[email-masked]
513-643-7333